Thursday, August 15, 2013

Grave Visions Failure to Appear

I love the Alex Craft series by Kalayna Price. I read the first three books nearly back to back and had pre-ordered book four in the series, Grave Visions, as soon as I finished the third book. This was many, many moons ago. I checked the status of my pre-order at the beginning of the month and all seemed in order, with the release date of August 6th showing on Amazon's website. However, August 6th came and went and I did not get the ebook uploaded to my kindle. I checked my account to see if I was billed and just had some error that prevented it from being uploaded but no money was deducted by Amazon (at least not for this ebook). I checked the status of my order and it showed that it was still in pre-order status. I thought perhaps an odd thing occurred and Amazon flubbed the release date. I figured the error would be corrected soon or the book would be released soon, either way I was sure Amazon would let me know what was going on. No worries.


It never once occurred to me that the author failed to make her deadline. Yet, apparently, that is exactly what happened. I received an email from Amazon this evening informing me that the kindle version of the book was unexpectedly delayed and they were cancelling my order since, at this time, no estimated release date was to be found. I was shocked. I swear I blinked really fast a few times and then slowly a few more times to make sure what I was reading was in fact true. Puzzled, I sought my answers on the web like any sane but dismayed reader would do. But really there are no solid answers to be found, at least none that satisfies my desire for another Alex Craft book from Ms. Price.

What I have found instead is a cryptic blog from the author stating that personal problems, which she wants to remain private (understandably), have stepped all over her professional life this past year and the much awaited sequels to the Alex Craft series and her other successful series, Haven, will both be indefinitely put off. While the very selfish side of me is crushed by this news. The rational, adult side wishes Ms. Price a speedy recovery from whatever intrusive issues have roosted in her home. I will be disappointed if another book never materializes but I will be more disappointed if the voice of a bright, creative artist is lost to us forever.

Good luck Ms. Price, and godspeed for whatever journey you are on.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so right. You have eloquently expressed what so many of Ms. Price's fans feel. But waiting sure sucks rotten eggs.

Unknown said...

Big smelly rotten eggs that i secretly would like to throw at her windows! .. but i do hope shes ok and makes a speedy recovery