Thursday, May 30, 2013

Thursday...I Got Nothing After That...

Not much going on right now. I am still having focus issues (squirrel!). I have loaded so many new programs onto my wee little notebook that I feel it is about to explode. I have had to reload some of those new programs (the blame lies squarely with the idiot at the keyboard, per usual).

I am learning to navigate fun things like Filezilla, Dreamweaver CS6, Putty, and Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 (For the record, I know how to navigate the Office suite but apparently I had issues deleting 2007 and installing the newer versions). There was an Office Professional Plus 2013 version, but the idiot (that would be me, just in case you were confused) squandered her one time only key code by initiating a go back on her laptop because she thought she messed something else up that turned out was not messed up in the first place. But boy did she mess other things up really good while trying to fix that which was not messed up in the first place (I feel like this type of screw up deserves a medal or something, seriously, it was that pure of a moment of utter stupidity that was almost like art).

Anyhow, back to the focus issues. I am still plugging away at The Black Stiletto. I put it down for a day or two in order to do class readings and ended up picking up and finishing Splinter by A.G. Howard. It was that good, I could not put it down until I finished it in one go. I think this is my favorite book of the year, it was that good. I will review it this weekend. I promise.

Tonight I am back to my course readings on metadata and the joys of Linux. (I am! Can't you tell by this blog update that I am very busy reading Metadata for Digital Collections? Squirrel!). Did I mention my professor for the metadata course is a first time instructor? He is awesome actually. He is bending over backwards to make sure everything is understood by all and making sure is available to students if we have questions. He does all of this while still performing his umpteen other responsibilities as the Metadata librarian for the digital library for the school. He is also in a death metal band with another librarian. How hardcore is that, I ask?

I have also been busy scanning in some old family photos lent to me by a great aunt or is it an aunt once removed? I don't know but she was very nice and spent time telling me some stories about relatives who died too young for me to ever know, including my maternal grandmother (guess which side of the family I genetically take after? Oh joy).

Now where was I...oh yeah, have a goodnight. :)

2 comments:

Tom said...

She is your Great Aunt by marriage.

Andy said...

Thank you.