Saturday, May 11, 2013

A Random Song: My Mind is on Shuffle

I have been listening to audio books on CD for a few months now in an attempt to multitask during my commute time. I have a forty plus minute drive to and from one of my jobs so I am using this time to become more familiar with the juvenile books so I can be more effective in reader advisory and as a bonus I have discovered the audio books help take the stress out of my drive. Seriously, one of the side effects of listening to the books has been a reduction in my urge to drive my car right up over the idiot in front of me while I yell, "turn signals are not optional *ou$% #@g."Win!

I have discovered another unexpected side effect to listening to books on CD. It is not really a positive side effect as the first one. Since I do not use this time to listen to music my brain has decided to fulfill its need for music by randomly pulling up old songs in my head and hitting the repeat button. Last week it was Zombie by the Cranberries. The week before that was a Hall and Oates song (private eyes, they're watching you, they see your every move...private eyes, they're watching you, they see your every move...). Before that it was Ten Wild Dogs by  Týr. And the week before that it was In Excelsis Deo. Today's nugget is Greensleeves.

Not only do these little nuggets get stuck in my head, I end up sharing them with my lucky coworkers. I usually just hum (quietly) but occasionally I will belt out a line or two. I feel now might be the time to inform you, I am not musically inclined. My coworkers remain unimpressed. This does not and will not stop me from sharing. :)

No comments: