Friday, April 05, 2013

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Springtime...

Today is an absolutely beautiful early spring day here in Lancaster County, PA. There are blue skies, fluffy white clouds and it is a cool sixty degrees with a nice gentle wind blowing. It is a perfect day in April. A day very much like the one in the picture below of Gia (she is an Irish Wolfhound mix), which was taken last year around this time.

My beautiful baby girl Gia out sniffing the neighbor's...well, yard.
I already enjoyed a crisp morning walk before I started my shift at the circulation desk. A new program I started at the library is called "Walk Like a Librarian;" me being the librarian and the walking like part being slow and steady around the neighboring retirement community. For those now wondering, yes, I have been lapped by an octogenarian but she had the home court advantage and I think she took a shortcut.

To add to the perfection of the day, as of 1 PM I am off of work until Tuesday (yes, both jobs! I know!). How much more awesome could it get? All right, perhaps a cleaning lady could come and pay my little shack of horrors a visit, that would be awesome! It is also a complete fantasy because even if I had the funds to make it a possibility, I would be too embarrassed to have someone come into my home and clean up after me. I would seriously be one of those people who cleaned before the cleaning lady arrived. But right now I don't need the motivation of guilt and shame, I have the beautiful day to inspire me. Funny how nice weather makes me feel like throwing the windows open and cleaning the daylight out of my winter crusted abode instead of just running outside and spending a day away from same said house of nasty. It is also funny how I am informing you I feel this way but it is now after 4 pm and I have yet to get past throwing the windows open. Maybe tomorrow will be gorgeous too. I can make the whole weekend about spring cleaning!

Who am I kidding, even if there was beautiful weather all weekend, I would find an excuse (usually in book shape) to procrastinate. I might as well suck it up and go scrub a bathroom, turn on the dishwasher, and do some laundry now so I'm not up till 2 AM guilt cleaning.

P.S. I promise to post a book review of Water Witch by Juliet Dark by Monday.
P.S.S. Monday night, I have a LibGuide project to complete this weekend.

No comments: