Monday, March 11, 2013

It's Monday...again?





Seriously, it feels like it was just Saturday a day ago, where did Sunday go?

I don't have much to say right now, mostly because I am only halfway through my first cup of coffee, but also because I must get ready and go to work soon. I have Spring Break from Pitt this week, so hopefully this will mean I have time to produce two book reviews this week. One is long over due for Gift by Andrea Buchanan, the other is for Water Witch by Juliet Dark, which I just finished last night.

Since it is Monday, I feel compelled to whine a bit but I will camouflage my whinging under the guise of stock advisory.

If you do not already have stock in an over the counter pharmaceutical company, I suggest you hurry out and buy some. 2013 has proven to me that this will be the year I divvy up a farily substantial portion of my paltry paycheck between CVS and Rite-Aid. I was sick most of January, when the plague was circling the Lancaster County area frequently. I was sick just two weeks ago with an unexpected but violent stomach bug (I prefer to call it gastrointestinal hellfire, I feel it is more descriptively accurate). Now it is March and I lost my one day off to a nasty head cold. I still feel like a ton of bricks hit me but cannot afford to miss another day of work so soon, especially since I need to make the money to buy all those damn tissues and OTC medications that will help make it possible for me to get through a day of work without curling up under my desk and telling people to head south in a hand-basket.

Today's lucky beneficiary of my poor health will be Rite-Aid, since there is one across the street from my job. If you don't want to sink your money into a specific pharmacy, I am fond of Puff Plus tissues and will be buying many, many boxes of these soft tissues today. And that concludes today whinge session financial advisory session. Now go forth and kick Monday's ass.


No comments: